Nolan N100-5 Plus Starboard Glossy Red/Blue N-Com 048
Nolan N100-5 Plus Starboard Glossy Red/Blue N-Com 048 description
The Nolan N100-5 Plus is the successor to the enormously popular N100-5. Compared to its predecessor it has received a number of pleasant upgrades. The N100-5 Plus now has an artificial leather mesh neck roll for extra ventilation, and the top part of the inner lining is adjustable (Liner Pad Control).
The Nolan 100.5 Plus is the eighth generation modular helmet by Nolan. It is the successor to the popular N100-5. The outer shell is made from Lexan, a special type of polycarbonate which is stronger than the material of regular polycarbonate helmets. The visor of the N100.5 Plus is now even bigger than it was on previous models, you’d almost think you’re wearing an open face helmet.
The ingenious hinge system of the chin bar rotates at two different point. This results in the chin bar being close to the helmet shell when up, which improves the streamlining and comfort of the helmet. Speaking of comfort, you can even tighten the neck roll at the underside of the helmet. This helps keep out the cold and noisy wind!
The Nolan 100-5 Plus has been certified with dual homologation (P/J approval). This means that you’re legally allowed to ride with the chin bar down and up (when locked) – for which this helmet is perfect. The chin bar has been equipped with the safer ‘Dual Action’ release mechanism. You will need you index finger and your thumb to be able to unlock the chin bar. So you’re still able to open the chin bar with one hand, but it won’t be able to shoot open in case of an accident.
N100-5 Plus properties
- Polycarbonate outer shell
- Integrated sun visor
- Large outer visor
- Pinlock included with all models except “special”
- Pinlock can be adjusted from the outside of the visor
- Interior is fully removable and washable
- Clima comfort interior
- The top of the inner lining is adjustable (Liner Pad Control)
- Artificial mesh leather at the underside of the helmet for extra ventilation
- Neck roll can be tightened with elastic cords
- Renewed ventilation with Airbooster
- Ventilation openings on the chin and forehead
- Ventilation outlet in vacuum area at rear of helmet
- Renewed cheek pads for a better fit
- Prepared for N-Com communication systems
- Dual homologation (P/J approved)
- ECE 22.05 approved