AGV PISTA GP RR Mono Iridium Carbon
AGV PISTA GP RR Mono Iridium Carbon description
The AGV Pista GP RR is AGV’s pride and joy, and it can be classed as one of the most advanced racing helmets in the world. The Pista series (in cooperation with Valentino Rossi) has been available to the general public and semi-professional riders now for a few years. The base shell of the AGV Pista GP RR consists of carbon fibre, this results in a lightweight (1350 grams) – but extremely strong outer shell.
Fans of AGV will have already noticed that the Pista GP RR has a renewed spoiler. This PRO Spoiler offers even better aerodynamics and keeps the helmet stabile at high speed. Do not fear, the spoiler has been designed in such a way that it will break off in the event of a fall. Thanks to this the helmet won’t be able to snag on any curb stones, which would otherwise have a catastrophic outcome.
If we dive deeper into the enormous list of specifications, we see an Optic Class 1 visor which is 5 mm thick and comes with a Max Vision Pinlock 120 anti-fog lens. This visor gives you an almost unlimited field of view, thus allowing you see everything around you clearly.
The visor can be locked into place with the visor-lock, this way the visor cannot suddenly blow open at 120 mph. The compact mechanism securing the visor is made entirely from metal.
The interior is fully removable and washable, and above that it has received an antibacterial treatment. The cheek pads have been equipped with an emergency quick release system, allowing paramedics to remove the helmet quicker without causing further damage. Another striking feature is the hydration (drinking) system, ideal for thirsty riders! Get yourself a camel-pack and you’re ready to race.
Pista GP RR properties
- 100% carbon fibre outer shell
- EPS inner shell with multiple densities
- Comes in 4 shell sizes (XS-S / MS / ML-L / XL-XXL)
- Weighs around 1350 grams
- Integrated PRO spoiler
- ECE 22.05 approved
- FIM racing homologation
- Metal ventilation openings
- 5 air inlets at the front of the helmet
- 2 air outlets at the rear of the helmet
- Active air channel to keep the rider cool
- Removable covers for ventilation inlets
- Fully removable and washable interior
- Shalimar & Sanitised interior
- Quick drying and antibacterial treated inner lining
- Emergency Quick Release System (cheek pads can be quickly removed)
- Interior can be adjusted to the rider’s head
- Comes with a clear visor
- Extremely wide field of view (190° horizontally and 85° vertically)
- Optic Class 1 visor (4-5 mm thick)
- Pinlock prepared
- Max Vision Pinlock 120 included
- Prepared for use of tear-offs
- XQRS visor mechanism makes it easy to switch visors
- Hinge-mechanism is made of metal
- Visor-lock mechanism worked into helmet shell
- Double-D chin strap
- Tear-offs included
- Removable breath deflector
- Removable chin curtain
- Removable hydration system