Schuberth C5 Master Black/Yellow 187
Schuberth C5 Master Black/Yellow 187 description
We’ve waited for such a long time for this helmet, and we’re so glad that it’s finally here! A new top-of-the-line modular helmet with all sorts of modern functions and specifications. This is the Schuberth C5, the long awaited successor in the legendary C-series.
The outer shell of this helmet is made according to the Direct Fibre Processing method, and it comes in two outer shell sizes – that’s nothing new. But what is new, is that the fibreglass outer shell now features an extra carbon fibre reinforcement layer. This helps strengthen the shell, but also keep the weight of the lid down to a minimum. The helmet weighs around 1640 grams in the smallest shell size, which is fine for this type of helmet.
You’ll hear us say this more often in the (near) future, but the new ECE 22.06 certification is one of the biggest innovations that we’ve seen in the land of helmets for some time now. Motorcycle helmets are now tested according to stricter rules, which is good for the impact protection and thus good for our heads. Helmets now undergo rotational force tests, and tests with accessories such as a sun visor or an integrated communication system. The Schuberth C5 passed the new ECE 22.06 test with flying colours and it even features the P/J homologation – meaning you are allowed to ride on public roads with the chin bar up.
The helmet has an improved aerodynamic shell and it goes back to the core design of the successful C3 Pro helmet. Compared to the C4 this helmet appears to have gotten more compact, which raises the level of wearing comfort. The large outer visor is fully prepared for a Max Vision Pinlock 120 anti-fog lens, which you will find included in the box. The visor also features the new Memory Function system, which keeps the visor in the same position even after you’ve opened and closed the chin bar.
The new C5 is prepared for the SC2 Bluetooth communication system. This system is based on the SENA 50S, which means the C5 has the MESH 2.0 intercom system. This MESH system allows you to connect with max. 24 riders in a group mesh intercom conversation, and with an unlimited amount of riders in an open mesh intercom conversation!
- DFP (Direct Fibre Processing) fibreglass outer shell with carbon reinforcement layer
- Improved aerodynamic outer shell
- 2 outer shell sizes
- Quiet and stable
- P/J homologation
- Multizone inner shell with different densities for optimal shock absorption
- Super wide visor with Max Vision anti-fog Pinlock® 120 lens
- 3 large ventilation inlets
- Direct to mouth ventilation
- Integrated 80% tinted dark smoke sun visor
- Memory Function visor
- Prepared for the SC2 communication system (speakers, antennas etc. are preinstalled)
- Prepared for the Schuberth INDIVIDUAL custom fit system
- AROS anti-roll chin strap system
- Reflection panels on chin curtain, neck roll, helmet stickers and above the visor
- 5 year factory warranty (after registration)
- ECE 22.06 approved