Shoei GT-AIR Matt Black description
Shoei have a few different full face helmets in their collection, each of which has a couple of specific characteristics. Every biker should be able to find a suitable helmet. A touring biker (sat behind a windscreen for example) has completely different demands than a laid down super-sport biker. The Shoei GT-Air is the TOUR/sport helmet by the Japanese manufacturer. With tour being the prominent word, but adding a few sport elements.
Because of the fact that the aerodynamics of this helmet are aimed at touring, the GT-Air is less suitable for real sport positioning. A sun visor is naturally included and it has received some special attention during the development of the helmet. A section of the inner shell is often sacrificed (less safe!), so that the sun visor can slide into that section. Shoei have left the inner shell intact and have created a special fibre expansion in the shell which houses the sun visor. The sun visor itself has the characteristics of a good pair of sunglasses, another unique Shoei trademark.
The 3D shaped inner lining ensures a comfortable ‘wrap around the head’ fit. The 3 air intakes on the top and front in combination with an exhaust outtake ensure a pleasant climate in the helmet, without making a noise.
The outer shell of the Shoei GT-Air is made up from diverse, specially designed fibre-layers which all have their own function, they call it Advanced Integrated Matrix (AIM). Take a look at the product specifications for all the important details of this tour helmet.
We are an official Shoei dealer.
- AIM multi composite fibre outer shell.
- 3 size outer shell (XS+S+M /L/ XL+XXL)
- Integrated spoiler.
- Noise reducing Vortex Generator.
- EPS inner shell.
- Two types of inner shell density for optimal shock absorption.
- RVS micro ratchet chin strap buckle.
- ECE approved.
- Multiple ventilation for maximum comfort.
- Chin and forehead intake.
- Two outlets on the rear to let out warm air.
- 3D shaped inner lining.
- Removable and washable inner lining.
- Noise reducing earpads.
- Intercom/Bluetooth prepared.
- Thermoplastic aerodynamic shaped CNS-1 visor.
- Minimal impact riding wind.
- Minimal sight manipulation.
- Pinlock anti fog lens included.
- Integrated sun visor with expanded housing.
- QSV-1 sun visor with high quality sunglasses characteristics.